A living document of Agile Resources (books, articles, etc) that are helpful in understanding mindset, philosophy and in practice.
- Core Principles
- Agile Manifesto – The four tenets of Agile.
- Agile 12 principles.
- Software Craftmanship Manifesto – takes Agile a step further and commits to quality software
- Modern Agile
- Make People Awesome
- Deliver Value Continuously
- Experiment and Learn Rapidly
- Make Safety a Prerequisite
- Modern Agile Article at IndustrialLogic.com
- Mountain Goat Software – wealth of articles and tools for Agile and Scrum
- Product Ownership in a Nutshell (video ~ 5 minutes)
- Ian Sense Scrum Master – (video ~ 5 minutes) – A Scrum Master is the Agile process protector, facilitator, and coach.
- Planning Poker Overview (video ~ 6 minutes by Mountain Goat Software)
- Crowd Participation / Demonstration Activity: Agile Airplane Game by Alistair Cockburn (video example here)
- Common Problems:
- Retrospective Resources:
- Why You Need a Toolbox of Retrospective Techniques
- Fun Retrospectives – different ways to introspect on the team’s progress / process / successes / opportunities to improve
- Retrospective Wiki: Retrospective Plans
- Ben Linders: Retrospective Exercises
- Tasty Cupcakes Retrospective Techniques
- Retro-Mat / Plans for Retrospectives
- Trello board of Retrospective Techniques
- 5 Stages of an Agile Retrospective and 7 Popular Techniques
- 7 Step Agenda for An Effective Retrospective at ThoughtWorks
- Looking Back, Looking Ahead – Karl E. Wiegers and Johanna Rothman
- Scrum Master Check List
- Project Success Sliders Tool – Project Success Sliders are a way for key project stakeholders or a product owner to convey their expectations to the team.
- Roman Pichler’s Agile Tools – lots of templates to help define your agile project (Product Vision, Roadmap, Personas, and Sprint Goals)
- Check out my list of Agile books here
- Path to Agility and Path to Craftmanship, held in Columbus, Ohio in May each year
- Agile Alliance Annual Conference: location varies by year